Friday, February 23, 2024

Reading books

 In the news there was an article of some women in Tampere meeting to read together in a cafeteria. Mostly they did not look like satisfied with the novels, but one was reading a novel by a Russian author and she looked peaceful and satisfied. I guess there ought to be Russian books in the internet, maybe at https://feb-web.ru/feben/feb/c19.htm for example, but actually I am not sure of it. Also hobby manuals can be nice. 

I made the Google.com search "russian children's books in english" and it did bring quite many books. I remember that my father read us some Sovjet children's books in Finnish when we were quite young and those were quite nice, but I do not know what I would think of them nowadays. Those are some of my background from childhood but I did not fully understand the cultural content, so I do not quite know how they affected my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but remember that Christmas gnomes are a subject that children often read.

Find The Land Of Christmas

  "  You might be interested in reading the back cover texts of my books of the Christmas gnome/elf skills series, by clicking the head...